Here’s a brainteaser for you: What’s the most overlooked piece of hardware in your office? Did your eyes roll toward the lacklustre copy machine in the corner—the one coughing, choking, and leaving your network wide open instead of streamlining paper jobs?
Cheer up—it’s time to embrace a new breed of smart printing solutions, like self-healing multifunction printers (MFPs). These devices can boost your company’s productivity and help you switch focus from maintenance to strategy.
You get all the MFP goodies—copying, printing, scanning, faxing—and all the “smart” stuff, like running apps, integrating networks, and advanced network applications. These machines won’t cause you any maintenance headaches, either. Instead of thousands of gears and relays inside a bulky chassis, the modern models are sleek and built with fewer components that may require replacing.
Step into my smart office
Let’s cut to the chase. These smart printing, multifunction devices can:
- Automatically monitor threats, detect intrusions, and validate operating software
- Generate jobs with gorgeous colour—and at low cost
- Accelerate workflow and improve accuracy
- Easily integrate with document workflow processes
- Be more energy efficient and reliable.
What’s more important is how you can exploit these capabilities to expand your business. “Smart machines can be our partners and collaborators in creative problem solving,” claims a report in the Harvard Business Review. This really strikes home in the copier and printing business. Driving new business is all about building strong relationships and collaborating with clients.
Think of all the innovative services your smart equipment can offer. Brainstorm with your users and customers about what they’re doing and how the new features can help them expand their businesses: stunning, colourful brochures for their travel clients, quick-change menus for their restaurant, or attractively packaged materials for that big conference. Then, talk about reliability and why customers can always trust you to deliver jobs to their specifications and on time.
What about internal customers? Think of ways to boost awareness of the valuable asset sitting on the shop floor: freebie calendars, bookmarks with hours of availability, or promo sheets about the new features. Then, be sure to fill employees in on new procedures. The last thing you want is for people to grumble about that great new copier because they couldn’t sign in properly. These efforts will pay off as employees find ways to leverage the machine’s capabilities on behalf of the company.
Put user security worries to rest
Don’t forget security. Set everyone’s mind at ease about the features that make their jobs safe from prying eyes. What’s inside may not be as flashy as what comes out, but these features are what make smart printing super secure. These MFPs can:
- Provide 24/7 run-time intrusion detection to stop attacks while the device is running and force a reboot to repair the system
- Check settings and fix device-securing settings in a reboot
- Detect and prevent the execution of malicious code in a reboot
- Load and self-heal the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System)
- Ensure that only authentic code is loaded into memory and that the machine will reboot and notify IT if compromised, all this via whitelisting, which checks for authentic firmware
Give your business a wake-up call with advanced technology multifunction printers and copiers. Partner with your clients to expand their businesses, and you’ll expand your own.